At the 2023 MSEA Representative Assembly, a bylaw amendment passed that permits a retired member representative to serve as an observer on the MSEA Board of Directors. This position is elected annually and may serve up to three (3) one-year terms that commence on September 1 of each year. This official observer position is permitted to be recognized to speak at general meetings of the MSEA Board of Directors.
- All current MSEA retired members are eligible to run for Retired Observer to the MSEA Board.
- All current MSEA retired members may vote in the Retired Observer to the MSEA Board election.
- Nominations shall be made on the official Retired Observer to the MSEA Board Election Nomination Form link
- Nominations shall close on the day and time prescribed in the schedule published.
- Candidates may provide a biographical sketch that is no longer than 100 words. The biographical sketches will be published with the ballot. Any words beyond the maximum of 100 will be deleted. Only bios submitted via the nomination form will be accepted. Corrections to grammar or spelling will NOT be made.
- Candidates’ names will be placed on the ballot in random order.
- RAC members will validate the election results.
- RAC members whose name appears on the ballot shall not participate in the validation of the election results.
- No candidate campaign materials shall be permitted for this election.
- No write-in candidates will be allowed.
- If there is only one candidate for Retired Observer, the RAC will declare the one candidate as elected by acclamation.