In the Workplace

Workers Compensation

As an educator, you’re covered by Workers’ Compensation insurance from your first day of employment. This insurance covers you for any injuries that occur while on the job or driving from one work location to another.

If you think an injury that should be covered under Workers’ Compensation has occurred, you should:

While the law protects your ability to see your own doctor — and it is highly recommended that you do — in order to qualify for some contractual benefits, you may need to see the doctor or facility recommended by your local board of education.

Your UniServ director can ensure that you receive all benefits provided for under the collective bargaining agreement, which may include sick leave, assault leave, and/or injury on the job leave. Protect yourself and call your UniServ director as soon as possible following an injury.