Save the Date! Hear the Crunch, March 6
School breakfasts are already on the menu in most Maryland schools, but it’s still important to share information about nutrition with students and families during National School Breakfast Week (NSBW), March 4–8.
1. Don’t miss coloring books, fliers, and more from the School Nutrition Association (SNA) to promote good nutrition with students and families. Click the Meetings & Events tab and the National School Breakfast Week link.
2. Enter the SNA #NSBW19 Contest! Share your #NSBW19 plans with SNA for a chance to win a gift certificate from SNA to promote your program!
3. You can join forces with hundreds of SNA members and other school nutrition advocates in Washington, D.C. to advocate for national policy supporting school nutrition programs and meet directly with legislators at the School Nutrition Association’s 47th Legislative Action Conference, February 24–26, 2019 at the Marriott Marquis.
4. Visit MD.NoKidHungry.org. The Partnership to End Child Hunger helps connect kids with the healthy food they need wherever they live, learn, and play. The partnership is a coalition of national and local organizations and agencies representing the private and public sectors.
5. HEAR THE CRUNCH! On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:15 a.m., thousands of Marylanders will participate in Hear the Maryland Crunch! Join students, educators, legislators, and community members in this statewide synchronized apple crunch event!
Held during National School Breakfast Week, Hear the Maryland Crunch! highlights the importance of the School Breakfast Program in ensuring that all children get a healthy start to their day by encouraging people to bite into an apple at the same time and share it on social media using the hashtag #HearTheCrunch.