To be effective leaders, local association officers should become acquainted with MSEA’s mission, goals, structure, programs, and resources. Strengthen your communication, networking, leadership, and organizational skills, and gain the confidence that comes from a clear understanding of:
- Officers’ responsibilities
- Financial and legal duties
- Nuts and bolts of running a meeting
- Parliamentary procedures
- Communication and leadership styles
- Working with a team
- Staff and governance relationships
- Local, state, and national association structures
- Associations’ strategic plans and program development
This two-day workshop is the first step in leading your local into the future with the confidence you need to effectively manage changes that have an impact on the association and the broader school community.
This training is intended for new local association officers a well as local association officers who have not previously attended.
Registration information coming soon!